There is nothing more important than starting your day off right. Whatever captures our thoughts when we first awake tends to dictate the direction of our day. I have found these simple morning techniques help to set a positive tone for my day.
1. Go to bed ontime: If your body isn't rested, it's very hard almost impossible to have a productive day where you are energized and functioning at your optimal.
2. No alarms: If you get to bed on time, your body will naturally arise at the right time. If you are dependent on an alarm, use one with soft sounds such as birds chirping that mimics nature.
3. Prayer and Meditation: Does not matter the time I get up, I have to spend quality time praying and meditating on scripture. I have began listening to my thoughts and try controlling my thoughts versus having my thoughts run wild. I have also began meditating on Gods promises, saying them repeatedly and committing them to memory. In addition to prayer and meditation whenever I have the time, I try to read positive books and articles.
4. No Cell Phone: This is a very hard one, do not touch your cell phone first thing, grab the actual bible versus the bible app. In addition to no cell phones, no news, emails or social media at least for the first hour of the day. These tend to put your mind unconsciously in defense mode.
5. Hydration and Exercise: Drinking sufficient water, tea or lemon water rejuvenates and hydrates the body. Exercise is an amazing early morning practice, it gets you perked up and ready for any challenge. Doesn't have to be a burst of sweat but movement does wanders to your body.
These simple steps may help you, ditch the coffee and have a mentally healthy start to your day.
Please share your morning routine. More ideas are always welcomed.
You were made to fly.