Friday, February 1, 2019

JUST LIVE!!!!!

A few days ago I had a few events that sort of changed my perspective on life. Not that I was being fed new information, but it came through so forcefully that I had to pause and listen as these experiences spoke to me.

As I stood listening to the musician playing skillfully in the subway I said to myself, when was the last time I just sat and listened to jazz being played in a jazz club? Life at times can have us so caught up in the day to day happenings in our lives that we forget to just live a little.

Earlier that day I received a copy of a bill from my husband which was geared towards updating me on our financial obligations. And though important I just could not help thinking about a man I met less than an hour earlier who spoke about his experience with cancer. This man got diagnosed when his third child was six weeks old. It took him by surprise. What was a routine visit to his doctor after a surgery turned out to be a diagnoses that left him with two fingers amputated. It just so happened to coincide with me reading "Becoming" by Michelle Obama. I learned a valuable lesson that day both from this cancer survivor and "Becoming" I learned that in life you have to just live. Life brings with it many challenges, financial and otherwise. Many of us, myself included desire and even work aggressively towards gaining financial and academic success. But one thing that I believe we should never lose sight of is the ability to just live. Begin enjoying and reveling in the little things in life that bring us joy. Do not get so caught up in life and all the troubles that it brings, we forget to just live.

So here's my dedication to rolling in the snow with Kaity or dancing to the music in the subway. Because when all is said and done after I'm gone life goes on as usual. But I would have already been dead if I forgot to "JUST LIVE".

One Love
Danni

5 comments:

  1. Very Inspiring. We as people surely forgot how to "Just Live" by being bombarded with the issues of life/current situation.
    But thanks be to God,we are given the privilege called "LIFE" each day to learn,makes changes as we continue this journey and help people or someone along the way, because we are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so important for us to remember to enjoy life. No matter the challenges it brings we should always carve out time for ourselves. It’s easy to get caught up in accomplishing various task and forget to stop and smell the roses or rather do something that will truly bring us joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right my friend. By focusing on tomorrow/future We tend to forget today, forget that we are alive, therefore we need to live. Excellent advice!!!
    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the remainder, hoping to apply to my life now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it....am mother, wife, sister breadwinner and friend I hear you.

    ReplyDelete