Thursday, August 5, 2021

LESSONS IVE LEARNED IN LIFE AND PARENTING


I must admit I have been around since the 80s (I know I look younger). But throughout the years I have picked up a thing or two that I would love to share. Here are five lessons I have learned in life and in parenting.

1. Be childlike in my view of life. What I absolutely love about kids is they were born seeing possibilities, majority of our limitations came from the uninformed concepts of adults. 

2. Never take NO from someone in a position to tell me yes. That includes my relationship with God and my level of faith. (Borrowed from Mignon Francois of the cupcake collection). 

3. View the cup as half filled. Yes there is distress, chaos and problems in life, but if I focus on the solution vs the problem, the problems will be resolved. 

4. Passionately love myself. As a woman living in NYC its so easy to compare myself to others. Love myself includes loving my skin, my hair, my personality, the things that makes me different and the things that make me the same. Appreciate and love it all. Never base my perception of self on other peoples opinions of me. 

5. I have to go through situations to grow from situations. As I go through hard times it is hard to understand why I am being challenged. But looking back I am able to see how much those situations strengthened me and helped me grow. 


One Love Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

3 comments: