Thursday, July 27, 2023

MY LOVE LANGUAGE LESSON


Today I contemplated the concept of love languages and it dawned on me that many of my struggles in relationships is the expectation that I have of others. I often find myself expecting the other person to display their love towards me the way I display mine. Looking back now, I missed the other person's display of love. For example my husband loves when I hug him but I am not the hugging type and instead would prefer a long conversation with him either in person or on the phone. I had to learn to hug him more and without request and he has learned to chat with me every morning while we're commuting separately to work.

One of the most important lessons I've learned is to take time to learn and appreciate the love languages of my loved ones. And also when I show them appreciation using their love language they usually return the favor in my love language. 


One Love

Danni

2 comments:

  1. Lots of people marriage and relationship destroy because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing
    Love languages are a must...once it's decipher...the flower within us blossoms exponentially

    ReplyDelete