Thursday, December 10, 2020

AM I THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING

Have you ever stopped to listen to your thoughts? Are you aware of what you are thinking? Famous self help author Napoleon Hill states that " thoughts are things and powerful things". Even though we know this, many of us tend to not spend time paying attention to our thoughts. But our thoughts are what drives our personality, our character, our actions and inaction and ultimately our success or lack of success. 

Here is one cool method that I use to get myself thinking about what I'm thinking; it's called the WHY method. The WHY method is done by continuously asking yourself why until you get to the real bone of what's driving your decisions. For example; you have a project to complete and you keep on delaying. Ask yourself why am I putting this off? Be very aware of your answer or write it down. Then to that answer ask yourself why do you feel this way? To every answer ask yourself why until you get to the real reason behind you delaying. 

The next time you find yourself with a negative thought or feeling afraid, continuing a habit that you desperately want to change or failing to start an action that you want to make a new habit, begin asking yourself the WHY question and write your answers down. You will unearth your biggest insecurities and hopefully taking steps to quieten them. 

One Love

Danni

7 comments:

  1. This is what I'm actually going through..I will actually try doing this next semester

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely remember that quote by Napoleon Hill, and its definitely a progress factor that will work instantly when applied for sure and will be practicing!!

    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an insightful post. I like that you mentioned writing down our responses. Most times we think thinks but they don’t become actionable until we write them down. There is a silent power in seeing our own thoughts and processing through choices and decisions when we see it written down. Live.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Danni, I'll try this! I'm actually going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...never thought of doing that. Good to see you are back at blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great method to put into practice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete