Thursday, February 11, 2021

Checking In

 Earlier this week I watched a video interview of someone I went to college with. During that interview she shared the experiences she had as a child growing up. Experiences that would break anyone much less a young girl. I was surprised because seeing her from day to day she did not wear or show her experiences. 

Its covid time and for me the heaviness of the virus is taking its toll on me emotionally. If you know me, I'm always Ms. Positivity so that may seem hard for many of my close friends to believe. In a sense this blog is my Thursday night therapy. It helps me navigate the thoughts in my head. 

Now is the time to create a habit of checking in. Socially distancing and physical separation can affect us and our loved ones psychologically. Do not assume others are ok, do not assume being friends on social media means you are up to date with what's going on in peoples lives. Spend time reaching out, take the time to do a wellness check. 

You may never know the impact staying in touch may have.

This may not be a pumped up motivational blog, but I hope it inspires you to reach out to someone you haven't seen or spoken to in a while. 


One Love 

Danni

6 comments:

  1. We never know what others are going through, that is why we should strive to be kind always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true just a phone call can let someone know you care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes check in calls do work to uplift ones emotional state.

    ReplyDelete