Friday, March 12, 2021

Creating a Development Plan

As I started this year and began thinking about areas where I'm lacking in growth and expertise I realized that my focus goal should be more about development versus some of the other goals that I had set for myself. 

Make your first goal a development plan. What is a development plan? Well a development plan is a goal to become more competent or knowledgeable in an area that you aspire to master. It doesn't always include going back to a physical classroom. For example I have two children in the toddler age range and setting boundaries and discipline is always a challenge. My goal is to set aside time to learn more about child development and strategies to raising young children. I bought a book on how to discipline toddlers and on child psychology. For me to become a better parent I need to read and educate myself and implement strategies that work for my children. 

There has never been a better time in human history where knowledge is literally at our finger tips. Make use of it. Create a development plan to help you advance.

Happy Summer if you're a New Yorker.

One Love
Danni

1 comment:

  1. Development plans definitely help with working on your weaknesses and turning them into strengths

    ReplyDelete