Thursday, September 23, 2021

THE WORLD AS MOM AGES

 

When you are a child, your parents are super heroes. They always seem to know the correct answer, the right path and it wasn't until I was an adult that I dared to challenge them. 

As a mom of young children, I get to enjoy being seen as a super hero, although they challenge me constantly.

What life never prepared me for was the emotions of caring for my aging parents. As I watch my parents especially mom struggle with her own health issues there are days when I feel overwhelmed and sad, days when I feel sorry for her, and days when I get upset with her. The reality of handling their affairs are challenging. 

No matter the circumstances, sharing the burden with my two brothers and being able to talk to them is plays a big role in my sanity. If you are the main caregiver for your parents, know that there are resources of those of us caring for parents or elderly loved ones.

Stay positive, focused and have gratitude always. Most importantly, shower them with love.


One Love

Danni

A REALTOR, A MOM, A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle,
    I can relate as I look at my parents these. The role reversal is real as we care for them like they cared for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, I totally understand and can relate, I washed Grandma slowed down to a crawl like walk, but the patients and kindness showed to me/ us as kids prepared us to do the same. I am preparing my self mentally and spiritually for my mom and dad, they too are slowing down but it’s just goes to show you life is indeed a cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am mentally preparing myself for the task of caring for my mom too. She is not slow as yet and very independent. She spent all her life caring for children and grandchildren so it is only natural for us to do our part when she gets older

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young lady your an awesome individual. God has blessed you vision beyond your years. Just have patience during the process.

    ReplyDelete