Thursday, November 18, 2021

PREVENTING BURN OUT WHILE PARENTING

 


There isn't anything that moves me more than my children and there is not anyone who need me more than my children. But for me to be available I have to first focus on me. I have learned in my experiences in life that you cannot show up the way you ought to, when you are tired, exhausted and burned out. 

It is important as we raise our children to have them understand and respect our space and our quiet time. Here are a few tips that have helped me to prevent burn while raising my kids:

1. Set clear boundaries- It is ok to have your children know and respect your "me time". 

2. Be firm on your NO- Kids have high expectations and often times believe that you should meet their every need. At times we as parents feel guilty when we say no. However always remember you cannot fill from an empty cup.

3. Be present when you are with your children- Do not be distracted when you should be spending time with them. Children who feel neglected will engage in negative activities for your attention. 

These are just three tips. Please share your tips for preventing burn out while parenting. 


One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE


1 comment:

  1. Recognize that you can’t do everything and don’t feel guilty about it. The best thing I ever did to prevent burn out was to get biweekly cleaning services. It felt so good to come home on those Friday evenings to a clean home and not spend my whole weekend cleaning. It also freed me up so that I could spend quality with my kids.

    ReplyDelete