Friday, June 24, 2022

FIVE HACKS TO REST AND RECOVERY



My husband always tells me that I sleep too much. I tell him that he is chronically sleep deprived. I hate the feeling of exhaustion. But being exhausted these days seems like a normal way of life for most Americans as many of us cannot get through the day without caffeine. 

Here are some hacks that I have used to optimize my sleep.

  1. Be consistent with the time you go to bed and your night routine
  2. Get a good wind down routine- It may be reading a good book, journaling or sipping (unsweetened) tea. 
  3. Get off the phone- Cell phones, TV and our devices alter our hormonal levels and prevent our bodies from producing the hormones we need to fall asleep. It is recommended to put away our devices at least 1.5 hours prior to bed. Even though you may fall asleep your body may not go through your sleep cycle efficiently making you feel exhausted after a full nights sleep.
  4. Black Out Curtains- If you live in a city where street lights are always beaming through the window, get black out curtains and keep your room dark.
  5. Keep the room cool- Studies have shown that keeping your room cooler vs warmer or hot optimizes your sleep and makes your rest more restful.

 

One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting again. However, you only listed 5 hacks; are the other 5 on the way? I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol only 5 this time. Thats what happen when you are half asleep while posting.

      Delete