Thursday, April 13, 2023

BEING AND FEELING GRATEFUL


A few weeks ago my two older kids and I were driving through a really nice wealthy neighborhood. As we drove Kaity and I kept admiring the homes and commenting on the ones we liked. After a few minutes of this Jared chimed in very loudly and with much annoyance in his voice" why not just love your own house"? That instantly caused me to self reflect. 

I took three very important lessons from this moment.

  1.  To be aware of how I present myself to my children. Admiring another home or something that someone else has does not mean you do not love your own. But that is exactly how my five year old interpreted it. Kids tend to lean into our behaviors vs our words.
  2.  Be grateful with my blessings. Nothing is ever 100% perfect. I must find joy and beauty in life and the love that surrounds me and enjoy and feel the blessings these things bring into my life. 
  3. Striving for or desiring bigger and better things in my life should not compromise my feeling of gratitude. 

One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, be grateful for all our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said 🙏🏿❤️

    ReplyDelete