Friday, July 16, 2021

THE DREAM





A few nights ago as I slept I had a very strange dream. In it a decision was being made that would have negatively impacted my family. What was even more startling was the fact that this decision was being made because of how we would have been viewed by those around us who were making the very same decision. So we chose to go with the flow instead of standing for the principles that we held as a family. Now that I look back, I cannot help but think how true to life this dream actually was. I learned two lessons from that dream.

1. Stand out among the crowd:

This was actually the secondary lesson that I learned. When I review my life's decisions the times when I lost, were the times when I chose blending in versus standing out. These moments no doubt held me back because I knew the decision I needed to make, the stand I needed to take, the dream I suppressed.

2. Finish Your Dream

That dream haunted me when I awoke in the early hours of the morning. Then I began thinking to myself, hey that's my dream. I can end it any way I want. Another life lesson. Sometimes the hand we are dealt in life seems like an impossible curse to break. Why not change the cycle? So what if your parents lived a certain life or you were raised a certain way? Ultimately the decision is ours to change the narrative of our life's story.

Let's focus only on that which allows us to find our purpose and change the story we've told ourselves to reflect the story we want to create.

One Love
Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

No comments:

Post a Comment