Thursday, July 1, 2021

MAKING TIME FOR REST AND RECOVERY

 


Lately I have been extremely exhausted. With all the many things I do in addition to parenting three young children, feeling overwhelmed is always close by. Here are a few things you can do to take and enhance your rest.

1. Create a winding down routine- Having a winding down routine especially at night puts your body in the winding down state. Reading a book or journaling is a great winding down routine.

2. Shut down devices- Our devices are major distractors. They keep our brain in alert mode making it hard for us to unwind and fall asleep. I personally prefer to put away my phone at least half hour to an hour prior to bed

3. Use black out curtains- Using backout curtains will prevent light from outside for example street light from disturbing us while sleeping. 

4. For the busy parents find me time- My me time is usually when I find time to do the more creative activities that I enjoy such as blogging. Set time on your calendar for your me time, stick to it and let your family respect that time as your time to unwind. I also enjoy evening strolls on the beach

5. Go to bed at the same time every night- Our body works on routine like clock work. It is not healthy to vary the times you go to bed. I understand the weekend is a time we use to stay up late then sleep in, but that practice lessens the quality of our sleep.

Happy Resting 


One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Danni, I found that when I started setting me time, putting away my devices before bed and basically having a schedule that I work with 60% of the time, life has become so much better. Really needed this reminder, of the things I should make into habits and not just something I do when I feel a bit overwhelmed.👍🏽❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Rest and recovery is so important to a healthy living. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things are important to do. Great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of a wind down routine. I work late so I am often wound up before bed.

    ReplyDelete