Thursday, January 21, 2021

THE: SHARPEN THE SAW PROJECT

 Lately I've been feeling stuck in various areas of my life. I figured since it's a new year and we are goal setting, now would be a good time to address the source of that feeling. 

Often times when we feel stuck either in our career, relationships or even parenting, that's usually our body telling us we need growth in a certain area. For me I was able to think through and pinpoint the source of my feeling and to address it, I formulated the "sharpen the saw" project. 

The term, "sharpen the saw" was not coined by me, instead it is a concept formulated by Stephen Covey and well documented in his book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People". I encourage you to embark on a "sharpen the saw project" with me by:

1. Identify an area in your life where you feel stuck or there is lack of or need for more growth.

2. Find a book, video or podcast that addresses that area. For example if you want to grow in your relationship with your teen, begin reading books that talk about parenting teenagers.

3. Take notes as you discover new techniques, knowledge and ideas that can be implemented. Note- writing things down heightens our ability to remember it later.

4. Set a time or determine ways you can or will implement or apply your new knowledge. 

Don't have much time? Actually you do. We often find time for the things that are important to us. Commuting is a great time to learn. You can listen to anything anywhere. Reading on the subway for me is so therapeutic. I can get lost in a good book while commuting via public transportation. Cooking is also a great time to listen to content. Our scheduled breaks at work are also great downtimes when we can read. Find a time best for you and begin your project.

Now is the best time to invest in our personal growth. 

Please share with me how your project is coming along. 


One Love

Danni

5 comments:

  1. Right on point - I started reading a few books to get me "unstuck" - one of the books is called The Power of your Subconscious Mind" the book you recommended is also very good. Thank you for your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good read. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete