Thursday, June 3, 2021

CREATING KIDS WHO WIN

 


Today I listened to a podcast interview with Spencer Rascoff. For those of you who may not know who he is, that may not be a surprise. He is the former CEO of zillow which in the US is a real estate site that shows homes available for sale. 

As I listened to Spencer talk about the companies he's building and business ventures with his young children, I thought to myself, wow, he is setting his kids up for success. How can I ensure that my children are also being molded for success?

1.How I show up and view myself and my view of the world is critical. It's the little insecurities that we hold as parents that tend to creep into our children's personality. We have to be aware of them and take strides to eliminate them. Our children tend to see and internalize the subliminal messages that we pass on. 

2. Expose our kids to people who are successful. Let them see that there are people out there who are living amazing lives, people who work hard and have accomplished success at high levels.

3. Highlight the process of getting to high level of success versus just the financial attributes that comes with that level of success. Encourage them to produce high quality work and have high standards. 

4. Readers are leaders. Encouage your children to read and also encourage them to read various topics. 

5. Answer their questions with respect and applaud their curiosity.

Keep pushing our little dreamers.


One Love

Danni

A REALTOR  A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTH SHORE 

1 comment: