Thursday, May 19, 2022

FINDING AND OWNING OUR OWN VOICE

 

Kaity and her lipstick filter

I remember being a little girl growing up in rural Jamaica it felt as though life was less complicated back then. When I compare my experiences to those of my children I fear the peer pressure and experiences that they have to endure at such a young age. Particularly the pressures to fit in. 

I am constantly reminding my oldest that she has to be herself, love herself unconditionally and not allow peoples opinions of her to dictate her decisions. I can already see that for her this is a struggle. 

In this world of social media and access to the lives of people we do not have relationships with but compare ourselves to, it is so important to have a deeper sense of self worth. It is also important to teach our children how valuable they are so they have the skills to rise above negative social pressures. If we as adults still struggle with this, can you imagine our children?


One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

1 comment:

  1. We have to educate and listen as much as possible and also limit screen time.

    ReplyDelete