Thursday, May 5, 2022

YOUR LACK OF SELFCARE IS KILLING YOU


 

Lately I have been feeling uncomfortable and extremely uneasy with my growth, career, life and the memories I am making with my children.

As moms we tend to take ourselves for granted and place the care of our children on a higher pedestal than our own self-care. However, having a clear vision for our life with a clearly defined why will help us see that neglecting self-care is more damaging to our children than helpful. We cannot pour from an empty cup. 

I find that in the moments when I am exhausted and feeling stressed, I am more snappy and grumpy with my children. Taking the time to step away, rest and unwind helps to reset my emotions and the way I show up to my family. 

Money plays a big part in our level of comfort. At times we may feel it is a double edge sword as we may feel guilty that the pursuit of career impacts our availability. I believe it is ok to delegate responsibilities and accept help as we advance in our career and be ok when others step in to help us raise our children. 

Feeding our bodies healthy meals and exercising should come naturally to us. It is important to include this as a major part of our self-care routine. I have upped my checking labels game and have decided to be more aware of what I feed myself.

Taking the inconvenient trip to the doctor when things are not right internally is critical. I know I am guilty of not going to the doctor even when I am physically falling apart.  If we want to give the gift of us being around to our children, we must respect ourselves enough to ensure we are healthy.

Take the time to look within and access our actions towards self-care. We need health, wealth and happiness.

 

One Love

Danni

A REALTOR A MOM A DAUGHTER OF THE NORTHSHORE

 

8 comments:

  1. This is so true Danni, I try to take time and space, but, there's that but, it sometimes result in feelings of guilt. Going on a quick vacation without them, leaving them with childcare to get my hair and nails done. This is the weird struggle us mommas have to go through. We will stay the course and stay praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the timely reminder Danni, we cannot pour from an empty cup. I have started doing that lately and I encourage my girlfriends to do the same. Your blogs have helped me realize that I am not alone. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article Dani! :-) It is important to take a break sometimes and take care of ourselves. It also helps to delegate. I hired a house cleaner last week for the first time since the pandemic started and it felt so great relaxing while having someone else do it! :-) Sometimes I leaving the children to play inside while I go to my room, lay down, and relax. Balance is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me so long to recognize that self-care is not selfish. It’s important and vital for our well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an on time message!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. True word Danie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on time I so needed to hear these words . What a beautiful family.blessings upon blessings ❤️❤️🙏🏾

    ReplyDelete