Thursday, May 11, 2023

LETS DEFINE FAILURE



A few nights ago I got home, fed the kids, gave my three year old a bath, curled up for story time, watched them fall asleep then left for the gym. 

Earlier that evening I was listening to a podcast and the person being interviewed was asked how she found the courage to consistently run long distances. Her answer to that question was,” I just start”.

As Kaity was drifting off to sleep I said to her, Kaity, it is getting so late I may just exercise downstairs. But something in her voice and the question she asked made me reconsider breaking the promise I made to myself. Her question was "so your not gonna go to the gym?" It was non-judgmental but I knew I had to show up to her the way  I expect her to show up. 

How do I define failure? Failure is repeatedly not keeping the promises we make to ourselves. 

It is simple just start, for some the weight of the journey immobilizes us. In those situations keep your head focused only on the next step. So in my case it did not matter how long I needed to run on the treadmill, all I needed to do was start and keep going one step at a time. 

Keep going. Continue keeping those promises you make to yourself.

 

One Love

Danni

 






1 comment: