Friday, May 26, 2023

LESSONS LEARNED AS A MOM


Motherhood is an amazing gift that God has blessed me with. My husband and I can spend hours talking about all the cute little things our kids say and do. But as any mom knows, being a parent at times can be exhausting. Here are some lessons I had to learn as a mom that has helped to prevent burn out. 

1. I am a whole person outside of my kids. I should never neglect the things that bring me joy. 

2. I should hold my kids accountable for their actions. 

3. Avoid taking on their tasks, if they can do for themselves. Of course you can be flexible but on a whole they need to be responsible. 

4. Set boundaries, rules and expectations. And follow through on your word. 

5. Give them age appropriate responsibilities. 

6. It is not OK to disobey regardless of the age.  

7. Let them understand that their actions bring consequences good or bad. 

8. Let them have goals for themselves and work with them to accomplish these goals. 

9. Let them learn to resolve their own problems and make decisions. 

10. Let kids be kids. Let them play and have fun.

11. Understand that kids are not adults, their decisions at times will not be the best. Do not judge them by adult standards. 

One Love

Danni

3 comments:

  1. I love this
    you are Awesome!
    Enjoy those kids because life passes by so fast .
    In a blink of an eye they are out of your life making a life for themselves .
    May God continue blessing you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have mastered it!👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Train up a child in the way he/she should go. When they are of age, they would depart.

    ReplyDelete